Tuesday 20 October 2009

Radiohead - No Surprises

I watched this music video and immediately got ideas for my advanced production. Although this is not the kind of music I'm focusing on; the simplicity but danger and excitement of the video really intrigued me. It is simply one shot of Thom Yorke (singer in Radiohead) singing the lyrics to the song, but he's trapped in an old glass diving suit. The helmet slowly fills up with water, giving him less and less air to breathe until he's competely emerged in water. This video implies being dragged under and losing control, I think the video portrays this idea really effectively. I like the simplicity of the video, and that it is only one shot. The fact that there's only one shot makes the video less complicated than it could have been - if there were more shots in the video I think it'd have ruined the neverending effect created.

This video affected me so much - I've recently been thinking about how I can create a music video similar to this; grotesque, outrageous but a simple idea. Here are a few of the ideas I thought of:


No comments:

Post a Comment