Wednesday 21 April 2010

Evaluation Q4 - How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

Evaluation Q4 - How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

- Video cameras - allowed me to go home and film there as it was only  a small camera, but it was high res.
- Planning - photoshop. I played around on photoshop until I felt comfortable editing safely. This is better than it would have been before digital technologies were invented - dark room processing would have been much harder, more time consuming and less reliable.
- iMovie - straightforward, easy to use, helpful with effects etc.

In my advanced portfolio production, media technologies were incredibly helpful. My project would have turned out completely differently if I had not used these technologies. For a start, the general use of this blog has helped me greatly throughout the construction, research and planning of the project. The blog helped me keep up to date with my work - it allowed me to present my work in a neat, easy to understand and smart way. I am terrible when it comes to working on paper - I tend to be quite messy and clumsy when it comes to losing things. The blog therefore allowed me to keep everything online - I didn't have bits of paper to lose and I could find everything I possibly needed at the click of a button. Also, during my planning and research stages, I kept having ideas when I was out and about. As I have the internet on my mobile phone, I was able to access my blog via that and add ideas to the blog as they came to me.

The website YouTube helped me immensely during my research stage. As my main product is a music video, I was having to watch various different videos from all different genres to gather different ideas etc for my own product. This gave me an up to date insight to the music industry as youtube is updated regularly. Youtube also allowed me to watch videos previous exam students had created to see the kind of work I was competing against. This was very helpful as it showed me the kind of standards the examiners would be expecting, and gave me something to compare my own work to which is always helpful.

I would have found this product incredibly hard if I hadn't had access to the internet. The internet w
as such a great help, particularly at the start of the project. I was constantly using search engines like Google to find artists personal websites, and I used the images part of the website greatly to find digipack covers and magazine ads other singer-songwriters had previously released. Although I didn't primarily use the internet to gather information on my first ancillary product (my magazine advert), as I was having to buy music related magazines to get a wide range of advertisments and to see whereabouts they were placed in relation to other articles and advertisments in the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment